Sunday, June 28, 2015

It's Summer

I have to admit that summer is probably my least favorite of the seasons.  I am not a fan of heat and humidity...something we have seen a lot of this summer in the Sandhills of North Carolina.  For me, the rich blues and greens are the most refreshing colors that cool the hot summer sun.  I would like to share a tag I made for my daughter during exam week.
 She, unlike me, loves the summer and the heat and aspires to work in the marine biology field. The background was made with Mermaid Lagoon and Broken China Distress Ink and I sprinkled water to add some sea like bubbles in my ocean.  The turtle is die cut from green cardstock and his shell is patterned using Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and then crackled with Rock Candy Crackle paint.  The sentiment is a  Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions stamp and fit the occasion perfectly!  I colored some cheesecloth and used some blue string and charms from my stash to make the bottom border. I tied Paper String Stripes in green and blue in a bow to finish the tag.


 I would like to enter my tag in Frilly and Funkie: It's Summer Challenge

Thank for stopping by...stay cool:)  Kim

3 comments:

  1. I love anything to do with the sea and this tag is just wonderful! I love how you created the dimension on the turtle, it looks amazing and I also love the embellishments you added, they look wonderful.

    I wish you could send some of that heat (not too much) over to England, we are still waiting for summer to appear over here! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what an awesome summer tag! Love how you created the water and those little charms are so lovely! Your turtle is amazing, the green is so vibrant and the crackle texture is divine!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'It's Summer' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you created the border with the cheesecloth and string - like rippling waves on the sand - a really great summertime beach tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete