Thursday, May 28, 2015

Daisies are the happiest flowers...

I love daisies...not surprisingly the most bountiful flower in my garden.  They are so clean, bright and simple.


 I had to buy Wendy Vecchi's Darling Daisy SiSi and I am having so much fun playing with it. Here I used it for Tim's April tag  For this card, I used Picket Fence and Mowed Lawn Distress paint through the stencil on black cardstock.  I dabbed it to give the paint some texture and then, when dry, I stamped the image over the stencil image with Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink.  The stamped imaged is slightly offset from the stenciled image but I like how it turned out.  The distress paint on the black gives a chalk-like appearance.  The background is made by stamping Jet Black Archival Ink through Tim's Tile Stencil.  I added a black/white paper ribbon bow.


I would like to enter my card in the following chanllenges:

Make ART Challenge-Flowers

Frilly and Funkie Challenge-Happy, Happy, HAPPY

Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Terrific use of one of the SISI sets by Wendy. I love the pops of colour against the black and the geometrics are so unique. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cec...I do love that daisy SISI

      Delete
  2. That's such a great idea for using Wendy's stamp! Love the whole look to your card. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Jenny and your kind comments. I always enjoy visiting your blog. Kim:)

      Delete