Sunday, August 9, 2015

Summer Flowers

What would summer be without flowers?  I find it hard to believe that any plant life can survive in the hot weather conditions we have had in North Carolina...but somehow they persevere.  Recently three of my co-workers have moved on  to new adventures.  I fashioned three cards using Tim Holtz's Flower Garden stamp set to wish them well on their journey. I used a technique from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume I, Dabber Resist, to create the cards.  Each background is shaded with various  Distress Ink colors and finished off with water drops to give it some additional interest.

For the first card I used Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo initially...Yuk!  Then I added Mermaid Lagoon to create this interesting shade of green.



 On the second card I used Victorian Velvet, Pickled Raspberry, Frayed Burlap and Aged Mahogany.


 

Finally, the third card background was inked with Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, and Frayed Burlap.



Hope you like my summer flowers.  I am so looking forward to the coolness of fall and the colors of the changing leaves.  :)

I would like to enter my cards in the Country View Challenges-Summertime


2 comments:

  1. These are just delightful - so simple, but so effective! A wonderful trio of cards.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely a beautiful trio. Thanks for playing along with us at country view crafts hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete