Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015-February

I had a great time playing with the techniques Tim highlighted in his February tag tutorial. You can see his tag here.  Probably the last time I made a collage was in high school for a class project...and that was some time ago :)  My focal point is a piece of ephemera I received as a gift with a purchase from The Funkie Junkie Boutique...thanks Linda,
 I found various other pieces of ephemera and tags that I Glue n' Sealed to my tag.  I pretty much followed Tim's step by step instructions.  I finger painted Picket Fence Distress Paint to give a shabby feel and smudged Black Soot Distress marker to create shadows between my layers. I painted the wordband with Picket Fence Distress Paint to highlight the message and secured it with two fasteners.
I substituted a tattered flower with a button center made with the Tattered Floral die offsetting an Industrious Framed floral paper from my stash for Tim's wool heart.

My Adornment Arrow holds a small metal heart embellishment which I distressed with Black Soot Distress Paint.  I tinted Crinkle Ribbon with Fired Brick and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink misted with water.


I would also like to enter my tag in A Vintage Journey: It's Time to Play Tic-Tac-Toe-Paint, Ephemera, Die Cuts.

Thanks for stopping by :)

5 comments:

  1. This is a delightful take on the February tag - such charming vintage images, and such a lovely warm glow to all those reds and pinks - fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage take on the February tag Kimberly love the red
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning take on Tim's technique for his February tag. Love the retro images you have used and your layout is gorgeous. Thank You for sharing with us at AVJ

    Best Wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on Tim's tag, love your design changes. Thanks for popping aboard A Vintage Journey with such a fabulous creation.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this take on Tim's tag and how cool that you could use your gifted ephemera! So pleased you could join in the fun at AVJ too :) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete