Monday, August 24, 2015

"Crazy" Birds Go Back to School

I, like everyone else,  have fallen in love Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps and dies.  I have chosen to make them my daughter's senior year mascots.  Today was her last 1st  day of  school...a thought that made her Mom a little melancholy :(

 So to brighten up the day, I made her and my "stepdaughter" tags to kick off the new year starring the Bird Crazy gang.


I made the background using Sunshine Yellow and Botanical Alcohol Inks to make a splatter effect as described in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Vol I on page 52.  I 'll bet you can't guess my daughter's school colors ;)  I stamped a school bus and ruler as well as members of the Bird Crazy family in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I also stamped the date using a date stamper.  I used springs to make the bird's eyes pop...




I finished off the tags by mounting the glossy cardstock on black cardstock and tying a bow from black/white striped paper string.  My husband and I added a note on the back with wishes for a great day!  I wish to enter my tags in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Back to School,

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :) Kim

4 comments:

  1. The birds really are such fun and I just love how you used them and those eyes are just too funny! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,super sweet card! your daughter is beautiful....fabulous photo...what a wonderful time! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee - love the springy eyes! What fabulous bursts of colour - they're bound to see your daughter through her last first day and last year of school! Lovely to have a bit of time to catch up...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun back to school tags with the crazy birds! love the wired eyes!

    ReplyDelete