Friday, July 17, 2015

CC3C #32 Frosted Film

Back to post another project that I would like to enter in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge. If you haven't heart about it, head over to Linda Ledbetter"s blog...she serves as the amazing hostess. \\ The challenge is based on Tim Holtz's book, Compendium of Curiosities Vol. III, and it is not too late to grab a copy of his book here.  Tim and Mario have generously donated a prize pack for the winner of the challenge and Linda Coughlin over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique has donated a $25 spending spree at her store.  We have made it all the way to Challenge # 32, Frosted Film found on page 59 of Tim's book.

I told you I could not get enough of the last technique, Layering Stencil-Paint Resist.  I used the technique on my piece today with blues to create my ocean background.  I used the Frosted Film technique on my coral and sea grasses.  Here are a couple of close ups.

This challenge was great fun...gotta run.  Sorry for the short post.  We are getting ready for a yard sale at my Mom's house.  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by :) Kim

4 comments:

  1. The Frosted Film really does the best sea embellies! Perfect for this! LOVE the tones too! Fab piece, and love the photo! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim...your ocean background with the stencil layering technique looks amazing! Those blue tones are fabulous! The frosted film sea grasses you've added are a perfect way to incorporate the frosted film technique into your layout! Great job!!! Love the little collage of Tim's sand dollar and sea horse you've added as well. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool layout! The blues are fabulous and very clever with the sea grass film Thanks for sharing with us at cC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dimension on your lovely ocean layout - and the crackly seahorse is so cute. I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete