Monday, March 30, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015-March

I'm late...I'm late...for a very important date!  (seemed appropriate since those words were uttered by a rabbit and Easter is around the corner)  So the important date is March 31st...the last day to post my version of Tim's March tag. You can see Tim's step by step tutorial for his March tag here
 I chose Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Rusty Hinge and Mustard Seed Distress paint for my background.  The pear from Stampers Anonymous Classics #16 served as my embossed focal point.  I used the Harlequin stencil with texture paste and gold embossing powder as Tim demonstrated in his post.  The texture paste I used was not smooth.  It had a gritty texture and hence my embossed surface is not smooth...but I like the added texture.   A word band altered with a touch of Mushroom alcohol ink, a Philosophy Tag and a piece of crinkle ribbon rejected from a previous project finished off my tag.  Here are a couple of close up shots...

I had fun, as  always, trying new techniques with this month's tag.  I look forward to trying the embossing technique both with Ranger's Texture Paste for a smoother surface and with other colors of embossing powder.  Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kimberley, the colours in the background of your tag are gorgeous together with the beautiful gold embossing. I love your choice of image too. This is a wonderful take on Tim's tag, I love it. Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment too. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the March tag - I love that pear, and the blushing colours, and the gilded embossing looks fantastic around it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete